Propositions for MUSICA NOVA 2019
1. The competition MUSICA NOVA was for the first time realized in 1969.
2. Composers are invited to submit their works of electro-acoustic music (EAM) created after 1st January 2016. We place emphasis on the inner meaningfulness of the composition.
3. Category A is open to compositions of autonomous art EAM or only one independent movement.
4. Category B is open to compositions of autonomous art EAM, or only one independent movement, for acoustic instrument/voice/ensemble and electronic media (it have to include live performing part). Send a complete version of the composition, please, not only EA part. Incomplete compositions will be excluded.
5. Each composer may submit only one entry to each category in duration of no longer than 20 minutes, and the work may not have been awarded a prize in another competition, nor been submitted to previous MUSICA NOVA competitions.
6. Competition entries in both categories must be submitted with the name of the composer specified.
7. Members of the jury cannot take part in the competition.
8. The jury of the competition shall be appointed by the leadership of the Society for Electro-acoustic Music and composed of leading composers of electro-acoustic compositions, musicologists, critics, and recording engineers specializing in the electro-acoustic music field.
All materials should be received (uploaded) to the November 7th
Lenka Dohnalová - Arts and Theatre Institute, Celetná 17, 110 00 PRAHA 1, Czech Republic
1. Entries into category A and B, recorded on a sophisticated technical level and in stereo /or format 5.1/ must be submitted in the medium of CD or DVD, and indexed by absolute time
2. Entries into categories A and B shall be accompanied by a score (if necessary), technical and artistic description, name of studio where work was produced, their durata, graphs, etc., to be judged by the jury
3. Entries into categories A and B shall be accompanied by a brief artist statement, short biography, nationality, address, telephone number, fax, and e-mail (attached form), see attached form
4. N.B: You can register electronically on and upload your composition (in MP3 format) on the FTP server for better preparation working of jury. Your composition will be accessible only for you and jury.
The entry fee for each composition is 35 € (or equivalent). If
you register electronically, you can pay on-line via paypal (email@example.com) or
Way of payment: IBAN: CZ48 0800 0000 0000 1404 5349, BIC: GIBACZPX, address of
the bank: Ceska sporitelna, a.s., Sladkovského 4, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech
Please, hold the distinction of address postal for sending CD (Lenka Dohnalová - Arts and Theatre Institute, Celetná 17, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic) and address official that could be write on the bank order or checks /SEAH, Jeronýmova 7, 130 00 Prague 3/. If your transfer charges would be to expensive, write to: , please.
11. The audio recordings entered in the competition shall not be returned to the composers and shall remain in the Society for Electro-acoustic Music archives.
12. By entering his/her work in the competition, the composer consents to public for free performances of his/her work in concerts and/or radio broadcasting/EBU linked to the Musica nova brand and streaming on the web site of Musica nova competition.
13. Prizes shall be awarded for the winning entries after the jury has announced its verdict, which cannot be appealed. The jury can decide to either combine, divide or not award some of the prizes.
14. Prizes in Categories A and B include: First Prizes, Honorable Mentions and Special Prizes for Czech composers.
15. All entrants shall be notified of the verdict by the jury on the awarding of prizes and honorable mentions by 30 November 2019.
16. Awarded compositions will be presented during the Concert of laureats in December 2019 in Prague.
Official address of the organiser: Society for Electroacoustic Music, Jeronýmova 7, 130 00 PRAGUE 3, Czech Republic